Political Science , one of the most dynamic social sciences was introduced as General subject from the very beginning of the Institution. But considering the growing demand it was promoted to Honours on 1985. Praiseworthy dedication and ‘Intensive care’ of the Ex-departmental teachers the department have gained the due academic prestige and popularity in the Region. Department have produced some renowned Alumni, who are now holding some Chair of important academic office and Institution of West Bengal. Now the Department have 5 five young and dedicated teachers with good academic profile. Along with taking regular classes of Under Graduate Semester programme, the department is regularly publishing E-Magazine, conducting field survey, organizing Certificate course etc.
|Associate Professor||Assistant Professor||SACT|
Number of Classrooms: 03
|Year||Seat Intake||Application Rec.||Ratio|
|Name of the Professor||Academic Qualification||Designation||Profile|
|Dr. Prasenjit Saha||M.A, M.Phil (B.U), Ph.D||Assistant Professor||View|
|Sri Safiul Islam Khan||M.A||Assistant Professor||View|
|Sri Swapan Kr. Biswas||M.A||Assistant Professor||View|
|Sri Mrinal Singha Babu||M.A||SACT||View|
|Smt. Rinki Biswas||M.A||SACT||View|
Special Achievement by the Departments:
- Students of the department participated in Youth Parliament Competition every Year and were awarded in different category for their excellent performance.
- Two Seminars (one International and another National) were successfully organized by the Department.
Certificate Courses :
One certificate course has been conducted so far by the department on ‘Sustainable Rural Development in West Bengal’ on January,2020.
Any Programme (Co-curricular activities):
- An E-Magazine (bi-annual) is published from July, 2020, named ‘Ganatantra’, where students, teachers and other
renowned scholars express their views on socio-economic-political issues. This academic endeavor of the department has been
taken to fulfill several objectives:
- Highlights the contemporary issues of National and International level.
- Promoting students’ skill and enhancing their scope of knowledge.
- Engage our students in knowledge centric activities.
- The different section of the magazine will serve to cater current affairs.
- Keeping the departmental records
- 1st Issue Vol. No.- Democracy in India.
- 2nd Issue Vol. No. – Decentralized Governance and Rural Development.